Monday, September 10, 2012

4th of July Mini Album


This is a special 6x6 mini-album that I made for a friend of my daughters.  I met them on the 4th of July and for some reason I took a lot of pictures of everyone, including these friends who came to celebrate.  My daughter asked at the time why I was taking so many pictures, more than my usual.  Things happen for a reason.  The dad passed away unexpectedly a month later. In celebration of his life, I made this for the mother and daughter.  He was sure a hero in their life.  I am only showing a few of the pages.

Submitted to BBTB2 challenge. (http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.co.uk/) Wording is Carousel and Don Juan.  Red banner is a Cricut cut but I can't remember where it is from (besides my stash).  Remainder is Mrs. Grossmans stickers.



7 comments:

  1. Oh this is so beautiful! What a sad story but lovely keepsake for the family. Thanks for sharing it with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, things do happen for a reason. This is beautiful treasure for this family. Thanks for sharing with BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful.... I loved your story and your memories. Thanks for sharing this with us at BBTB2. Please consider disabling word verification. It is part of our request for challenges.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts, thanks for sharing and joining us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mini is so beautiful! I'm sorry for the family and their loss, but you have given them something to hang on to and cherish for all time. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a cherished gift of love this is. I am so sorry for the loss of their husband and father but am so glad you got all these great pics for them and put them in such a gorgeous album. The pages are stunning. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful tribute, Love your album, thanks for sharing with BBTB2...

    Penny

    ReplyDelete