Monday, February 10, 2014

Partially Organized Craft Room





It's true, most of the time my scrap and sewing room combo is a mess.  I never seem to get it totally organized and looking sleek and clean like the ones I see on Pinterest.   It's never going to happen.  A few of my design sisters over at BBTB2 sometimes have this same issue.   So we decided to bond together and organize and clean our scraprooms and present them to you this week.     Thus, my title "Partially Organized Craft Room".   I took two areas of my room and am ready to show them to you.   The Cricut area is a built in desk that was there when we moved in.  I have this old wooden mail cabinet and green spice rack that used to be my dads that I use to hold my cartridges.  They are in alphabetical order.  I have a plastic case for cartridges for ones that don't have a box.  My Cuttlebug and a lunchbox of folders complete the desktop.  Inside the desk I keep my Cricut mats, pens, vinyl and my hot glue guns.

The 2nd area I would like to show you is part of my storage.  This IKEA shelving unit holds my plastic cases of die cuts, stickers, paper collections, stamps, projects, etc.   I have labeled most of them.   The big plastic box on the right holds all my ink pads.  Lower shelves hold flowers and buttons along with a shelf for Stampin Up/Amuse/CTMH/misc unmounted stamp sets and a container of ribbons.  I like to display a project or two as space allows.

Maybe in the next month or so I will attack the rest of the area and share that with you.  Until then, please be sure to enjoy the scraproom makeovers of my design sisters over at BBTB2.  Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you are well on your way to getting organized Maureen! I love you areas, so tidy and organized well. Love that built in desk area, so fabulous! I find it hard to organize some of my crafty goodness too, but mostly because I think I need to purge some things that just don't get used anymore! lol We will get there one. lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Cricut crafting area ! I can imagine how easy it is to have everything you need all together in the same space , great idea ! TFS ! Hope you have a wonderful week !

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great craft space Maureen. Love how you organise your carts. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mail cabinet! Great space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome craft space, Maureen! LOVE your little desk and your shelves are so organized! So fun!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful craft space. I think we have more fun crafting than cleaning. I sure do. I love how you have stored your cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your room looks totally organized and a fantastic place to have fun in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you say it is partially organized...You did a great job so far! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most wonderful crafty space Maureen!! Love, love, love the built in desk. And those shelves you have your cartridges on. Can't wait to see the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks WAY more organized than my space!!! I like how you have your cartridges stored-I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do that. What an awesome space to be crafty in!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete