Monday, July 20, 2015

BBTB2 - Shaped Dolphin Card

We are getting shaped up this week at BBTB2.  Our task is to create a shaped card.  I don't know why, but this was one of the fastest projects I've done in a while.  Maybe because it turned out just like I envisioned.  Join us at BBTB2 to link up your 'shaped birthday/other card' to our blog and enjoy the creativity.

My husband's grand-niece has just finished her first four years of college and has been accepted into vet school.  The party for her is animal themed and we have to come dressed as an animal.  Yikes, what to do about that?   She did her internship teaching dolphins in the Caribbean somewhere so I thought to use this cute dolphin from "Whales and Dolphins", adding the Way to Go from "3 Birds on Parade" and the graduation hat from "Recess".  I just glued it at the top and had a card.  I really like how it turned out and think I'll make some more shaped cards.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable shape card! Your grand niece will treasure this card! I love this cute dolphin and the lettering is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shaped card Maureen!! I so love the dolphin and the sentiment!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable dolphin! Love this card, Maureen, sweet and so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when things turn out just like I envisioned-probably because that doesn't happen very often, lol! Super cute and personalized-she will LOVE it!!!! So inquiring minds want to know what animal you will be going to the party as….
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of the close family and friends (i.e. 20 year olds) dressed up - there were a few chickens and lots of cows. I wore a parrot shirt that I got on vacation in Mexico. Good enough for me. My husband wore a Hawaiian shirt and said he was a tree.

      Delete