Monday, September 19, 2016

BBTB2: Cricut - An Apple A Day

Yes - Fall is in the air, it's been cooler evenings for a few weeks now.  I love the fall..... pumpkins, falling leaves, Halloween, and apples.  And that's our theme this week at Bitten By the Bug2, choosen by our design sister Caroline, from Card Creations by Caroline.  She has challenged us to use apples on our card, project, or layout.

My sign is going up with my fall decor. I have it hanging in the apple tree in my backyard for the picture.  My apples on this tree are ready in June and July, it's a treat since most apples are not ready until the fall.

The wooden arrow is from Michaels.  I painted the wood a whitewash (watered down white paint), and then made a stencil from my Cricut cuts - Plantin Schoolbook for the apples and Zoo Day for the font.   I dry brushed the burgundy red using the stencil.  Then I finished with a little burgundy around the edges.  This was really a simple project and I hope to make a few more wood signs for fall - I just need more time in the day.

Join us at Bitten By the Bug2 this week and link up your Cricut 'Apple' projects.


4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, Maureen. And the price is really GOOD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this idea. It makes a beautiful fall decor piece. What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that!!! I think you could sell those- looks fabulous! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The Zoo Day font is just perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete