Monday, August 21, 2017

BBTB2: Cricut Fairy Painted Sign

Join our Bitten by the Bug2 challenge this week by creating a card, layout or project with our theme of 'Fairies", be it tooth fairies, Tinkerbell, or imaginary ones!  Our hostess this week is Susan from Busy with the Cricky blog and she and the rest of our designers have some fairy magic on the blog to show you.

Today I am sharing a project a little out of the box for me - a painted sign using Cricut cuts as the stencil.  I have done several signs, but nothing like this one.  A friend of mine is celebrating a milestone birthday this month and having a big party at her river summer home.  I made a sign that looks a little bit vintage and incorporates her love for fairies and the name of the home, Moon River.

I used a piece of redwood, acrylics, and stencils made from Cricut Explore cuts.  My painting was way too bright, so I sanded it and put on a coat of thinned out light brown.  It measures about 12"x 7.5".  It's ready to get wrapped along with a gift card to her favorite store.

Welcome:  Rustic Wedding
Water:  Disney Princess Dreams Come True
Font:  Candice


4 comments:

  1. Maureen, this is such a beautiful gift and I know your friend will love and treasure this. I love how you made it personal. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this - what a wonderful gift! The image, the font, the way that you painted and distressed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, I love everything about this too! That cute fairy sitting on the moon is such a cute cut and the way you finished it to look so distressed is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS, my friend, is FABULOUS! I apologize for taking so long to tell you, but this was my favorite fairy project. Just amazing. You are so good with signs and trays and such!! LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete