Monday, May 11, 2020

BBTB2: Cricut: For the Pre-School Graduate

It's time for the next challenge at Bitten by the Bug2.  The challenge is "graduation". Link up your graduation project to the Bitten by the Bug2 Blog HERE

My grandson would have graduated from pre-school at the end of May, however, his school year was cut short by three months.  My daughter has been home-schooling, which I think now involves a lot of PE and arts and crafts.  The kids are just really done with the stay at home order.

This card looks so simple, but looks deceive.  There are at least 8 layers to the owl, that doesn't include a few that I didn't even use!  This design is so cute, but the layers on the card could have been designed better for Cricut cutting and layering.  For Example, the yellow on the beak and toes, would normally be little cuts to adhere on top of the base.  In this case, the yellow is a full silhouette of the entire owl, adding an additional layer to the entire cut.  It did turn out pretty cute, and I do like the images on that image set.  The preschool and grad cuts were images from two different sets that I added to a rectangular background.  Isn't that abacus background paper just perfect?

Image Sets:
Pre-school: Back to School
Grad: Glad to be a Grad
Owl: DJ Inkers - Congrats Grad




5 comments:

  1. too cute! I love owls! you did a great job. I hope they like it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and I am sure he will love to get it. Sometimes with outside svg files, I have used cut and/or weld to make better layers for the Cricut to cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quirky little owl! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and fun card! That owl sure has alot of personality, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! eight layers! It's adorable! Great card

    ReplyDelete