Monday, August 17, 2020

BBTB2: Cricut - Watermelons are for Summer Fun

The next two week's theme at the Bitten by the Bug2 Blog is "Anything Goes with a Watermelon".  We are in the middle of a week long 100 degree+ summer heat ware and ice cold watermelon sure sounds good right now.  Last night we had an  unusual lightening and thunderstorm come through that started fires in the hills.  That just doesn't happen often in the San Francisco area.  

This layout has so many layers, but was really easy to put together because it's just a few basic colors.  All I have to do is add black mats and some summertime pictures.

You can join us at Bitten by the Bug2 for our 'watermelon" challenge by linking your project to our LINKY on the blog.

 Image Sets:

Watermelon and Banner:  Miss Kate's Cuttables - Chill Out
Background Scallop:  Folk Art Festival



My layout was designed by Terry Newman of "Scrappytodoit with my cricut" on Facebook.  Love her designs, and it's fun to just do the making and not have to worry about design details.  



7 comments:

  1. Great layout for Summer and it is nice to have a design to follow. I hope your heat wave ends soon and no more fires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute layout! The scalloped border looks awesome and look at all the wonderful watermelon cuts. Yum! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout! The scalloped border is perfect for these watermelon slices. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute Maureen! I appreciate you gave credit for your scraplift. I was just following this discussion on a FB page. I also didn't realize SF doesn't get many rainstorms. I love a good summer storm especially now that my roof is fixed. great layout, thank you for your contributions as always.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages are so pretty! And perfect for those special summertime pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize you didn't get many thunderstorms in SF either! We are so used to them here in the Midwest. It sounds like all the fires in Cali are awful right now. I read in the news lightening strikes from the storms started many of them.

    Love your cute scrapbook page-I am just loving all the fun summer cuts Miss Kate has available!!!! Hope you have a good week!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete