Monday, April 11, 2016

BBTB2: Cricut 3D Altered Record Album

Our hostess at BBTB2 this week is Susan, and in honor of National Barbershop Quarter Day, she asked us to create a musical project or card.  Hop on over to Bitten By the Bug 2 and link up your favorite project using any Cricut cuts representing music.

 I made this 'scrapbook' from an old record album I got at Goodwill for $3.  All the records inside were broken so out they went.  When our scrapbook club goes on our retreat, we draw names ahead of time and create a handmade item.   The person I was to create for is a hard working administrator by day and  singer and musician by night.  She has made a few CDs and I love listening to her croon.  She loves jazz and the blues so I tried to incorporate that into my creation.  The cover turned out really nice, and the pages inside, although they turned out different than first envisioned, represent her singing style.  I really enjoyed making this album and putting a little of myself into something for someone else.  The roses were made from the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  The keyboard, microphone, and guitar are all from Quarter Note.  I added bling of toile, ribbon, paper flowers,  feathers, and rhinestones.  The bottom right side in red is part of the original front cover - I just couldn't cover that up!





I created photo mats, tags, and embellishments using G45 papers - these were perfect for the vintage look.  I cut the paper where the hole for the center of the record goes.  She can fill the 'pockets' with trinkets - programs, ticket stubs, and photos of the venues she visits.

Originally these pages were to be black and white, but I just can't do it.  New Orleans jazz is the theme here - (can't you tell) - I am sure she has a great picture to put on the left side.

"Blackbirds singing in the dead of night, spread your wings and fly away" are lyrics to a song that my friend beautifully sings.  I stamped the words and used 3D butterflies to showcase this song.

 I used an old 45 record as a pocket to hold cards and photos.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Maureen, this is amazing! I love how you took a record album cover and made a mini album out of it. Now that's thinking out of the box my friend. I know your friend will cherish this gift forever. Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness for sure!!!! I so love your album and I'm sure your friend is going to be thrilled with it!!! Beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, this is truly amazing!!! Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this album! The lady who gets this album is a very lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is amazing!! The details you added are just perfect!! What a thoughtful thing to do for the recipient who likes to sing!! She will absolutely adore this!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic and truly thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete