Monday, January 2, 2017

BBTB2: Wooden Frame - Cricut words - Happy to Be Part of Your World

I have been making a few presents using my Cricut Explore and am sharing one of them today.  I used the Hadley font to cut out the saying from Cricut matte finished black vinyl. (They love Disney, so I went with this modified version of the song lyrics).  I wish I would have had gold or silver, but the black really stands out.  These are relatives of my husband and I just loved the picture so much I wanted to create something for them.   I got the wooden frame from Walmart and also brought some from Scrapbook.com on sale.  The flowers are Prima.  I used a glue gun to attach them.  I used 3 coats of matte finish Mod Podge. I added glitter after the 1st coat and Stickles after the last.    It took a long afternoon to complete the project.

My resolution for this year is to purge!  I am already cleaning out closets of old stored kids stuff and keeping only the best of the best - some of it is 30 years old.  I found a box of Precious Moments statues, lots of my son's old tshirts I am saving to make a tshirt quilt, a taped together Candyland game, and many unfinished or leftovers from craft projects.

What better way to start off the new year than with celebrating anything NEW.   I am hosting our Bitten By the Bug2 challenge for the first week of January 2017 - how exciting.  My challenge to you is to use some new Cricut supplies, or make something new, or use the word NEW in your card or project -  It really is wide-opened this week since we want to start the new year with lots of new creativity and have you show it off on our blog.  Link up your card or project HERE.    Happy New Year 2017 Everyone!!!





2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful Project! This picture is gorgeous and you have made a gift to be Treasured! Thanks for picking such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen this is such a beautiful layout, beginning with that beautiful photo. WoW. Great idea using vinyl on the photos.

    ReplyDelete