Monday, February 15, 2021

BBTB2: Cricut - Grandma's in the Kitchen

 Our Bitten by the Bug2 Challenge for the next two weeks is "Bon Appetite".   Any card, layout, project relating to food can be submitted to the challenge.  HERE is the link.  You have until February 28th to add your project.

I came up with a project that looks so simple, but the first try got messed up big time.  Another style of pot holder was used with these images.  The inside pocket of the potholder melted to the other side!! And the lettering didn't want to stick.  I kind of salvaged them, but guess I am going to use that pair.  This pair turned out much better.  I turned down the iron a bit and used a thinner pressing mat.  This canvas material I thought would be easy to work with, but my advice is to iron slowly.  You can always add more heat and pressure, but once the vinyl is melted, there is no going back.





7 comments:

  1. Like the phrases & use of vinyl. I need to practice more with vinyl also.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these quotes! I am not a grand yet, but I sure have the frosting! great job!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute potholders. LOL. We had the same idea for this challenge. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frosting one and will have to make it to use the next time I am with my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The potholders look fabulous! I love those sayings, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great advice about ironing! These sayings are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sayings! Even though I'm not a grandma, I think I have frosting too, lol! Some projects take a little trial and error but these turned out amazing!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete