Monday, March 9, 2015

Birds of a Feather

Susan, with Busy With The Cricky, is our hostess for the week at BBTB2.  She has asked us to use a birdcage in our project or card.  Come join our challenge and link up your project at BBTB2.

One of my favorite cartridges is my Songbird cartridge. I made a series of bird cards and put different ones together as gift sets.. A few years back, I challenged myself to scrapbook everyday things in my life. For instance, I scrapped my St. Patricks Day elf collection, favorite Xmas items, and just everyday adventures with friends. One of the things I wanted to scrap was pictures of my parakeets.  They live by a window near the kitchen, so they get lots of attention.

Cartridge: Songbird. Branch cut three times, and third time used only the bird (I have 2 birds)  Paper - DCWV Autumn stack. Inked most cuts.  Sorry I didn't include the bird's picture, I can't find it.

14 comments:

  1. very nice job n your project. Good Luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the color combo! PErfect! Thanks for sharing! Wish you the best!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the MPS challenge. All your scrapbook layouts are terrific! Really like them all! Please visit my blog sometime, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute! TFS! Come on over to my blog...thebusybug.blogspot.com. I have 2 Cricut Cartridge giveaways going on until Friday! Leave comments for 2 chances to win! Bug Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! Good luck!!! :-)
    -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! I will have to try that cartridge again. great way to use it! TFS!

    We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet layout for your precious birds! I really like your paper combination Maureen.
    -DT Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are scrapping your everyday life Maureen and this is one that is fabulous for the album! I bet your birds are so fun to talk too. I love the background paper of this layout and I love your die cuts that you used. And now I bet your birds are happy to have a page in the album! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the idea of scrapping some everyday life things-I do that a bit, but I think you have inspired me to do it in a more purposeful way. Cute title and birdcage and I imagine your sweet parakeets are even cuter!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. The papers are so pretty and springy and the layout is so pretty too. This is such a perfect way to show pics of you birdies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The papers are so pretty and springy and the layout is so pretty too. This is such a perfect way to show pics of you birdies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout Maureen!!! I so love that bg papers and the birdcage and other cuts are great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maureen , I love how you made these into sets I did this awhile back with the birdcages also , They make great gifts and your patterned paper is so pretty. I bet everyone loved them?
    You could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MARCH Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete