Monday, March 6, 2017

BBTB2: Your Lucky Day Cricut Card

I love St. Patrick's Day, it is not celebrated enough in my area.   As some of you know, I am Irish on my mother's side (with names like Laura and Joan and Maureen, how can we not be Irish?).  So I try to incorporate a bit of Irish tradition by celebrating with family and friends.   I always send cards to my Irish friends and family and dress in green on the 17th.

I am sharing a card I made with my Explore for the BBTB2 challenge this week, which is to use the word LUCKY or incorporate something that is LUCKY, like a horseshoe or shamrock.  Our design sister, Laurie, selected the challenge.  Check her blog out at craftysisterscreations.com.  I've definitely got it covered.  This card will go to my grandson, age 2 and the 2nd one I made will go to my daughter's godmother.  I used the St. Patrick's Day cartridge and the Ashlyn's Alphabet font and welded them to create this card.  I added Stickles and Skittles for the bling.  Since the shaped card would not sit correctly as it was horizontally uneven, on the back side of the card I added another  chunk of the gold, and it stands up great.  You can join in the Lucky fun by linking your project or card on our Bitten By the Bug2 blog linky HERE.

Linked to Hiding in My Craft Room - HIMCR #292 Scraps Saturday (my gingham is about 10 years old on this card)
Linked to  Cut It Up Challenges - #117 Think Green


4 comments:

  1. I really love your lucky card with all the gold and the gingham shamrock. This is such a fun shape csrd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Maureen! Such a cute pot of gold and using the gingham for the clover was so smart. Great job adapting this to a standing shape card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen definitely seems like about as Irish as a name can get!!!! So so adorable-love the shape card!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete