Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Cricut Graduation Cards 2017

Here in Northern California graduation for high school and college is near the end of May and into June, much later than other parts of the country.  It's earlier than it used to be - we used to go to graduation ceremonies in mid-June.   I have 3 graduation parties coming up, and today I am sharing two of the cards I made.

The male-inspired card is for a nephew that is graduating from Chico State with a major in Finance.  I thought the suit cut was apropos.   It comes from the Suburbia cartridge.  You can't see it but I added Glossy Accents to the hat and tie, and Stickles to the handkerchief in the suit pocket and on the wording.

The girl card is for a niece that is graduating high school.  The orange and black are school colors.  I added Stickles to make the word shine.  It turned out really nice, and I'll probably use this file again.  I used print and cut for the girl grad, just makes it less time consuming.

Entering these cards in the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenges - #302 Graduation
Hiding in My Craftroom - #302 Any Holiday
DL Art - Thankful Thursday - #205 Boys and or Men




6 comments:

  1. Super grad cards Maureen I like them both.The print and cut feature is so handy and you did a great job with it.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #205- “Boys and/or Men” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our high school graduations are still mid-June around here- the kids still have more than two weeks of school left! Your cards are very nice- you have inspired me to try the print and cut feature. I have never used it!
    Thanks for joining the FCCB Challenge this week!
    ~Cynthia, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, these are both fabulous cards, but I especially like the man card. It is one of the best "guy" graduation cards that I have even seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards! I would never think to use the Suburbia cartridge for a graduation card and it is great. Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB. Dorlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again super card Maureen, thanks for joining the FCCB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are fantastic - great job! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete