Monday, November 11, 2019

BBTB2: Cricut - 50th Anniversary Gift - Hurricane Lamp

Firstly, I apologize for the bad pictures.  I didn't take the time to make great pictures, as I had to wrap it and get out the door rather quickly.  However, it fits the theme of our Bitten By the Bug2 challenge for the next two weeks, which is "Celebrating an Anniversary".

I had this project in mind for a long time, and was on the lookout for a large hurricane lamp at the home décor stores.  I got this one from a home stager, I am actually surprised she sold it to me.  It is about 20 inches tall.  I purchased Armor Etch for this project, I had never used it before, so was a little anxious, not wanting to ruin the lamp.  In fact, I waited too long and then had to do a rush job to get in done in time for delivery.   I do like the results, so my confidence has grown for the next project.  BTW, that Armor Etch is expensive, so use your coupon!  I watched a few YouTube videos just to ensure I knew all the tricks.

One side is the names and date they were married, and the other side says "50th Anniversary".   It's always hard to get a present for someone who has everything.  It's for my husband's brother and his wife who married very young. (and my husband was 10 years younger).

Join in the Bitten by the Bug2 challenge (by using your Cricut machine) and enter our "Celebrating an Anniversary" related card, layout or project using our LINKY.

Cartridges Used:
Free Heart
Anniversary:  I think from Heritage
Fonts:  Hathaway, Ashlyns Alphabet, Magnolia Sky (downloaded)



3 comments:

  1. So awesome! I was scared on my first etching project too but it's so easy. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, what a beautiful gift. The etching looks fabulous. You always think outside the "card" and come up with some fantastic projects.

    ReplyDelete