Monday, November 30, 2015

BBTB2 - Holly Jolly Candlesticks

I have a 3D project to share today.  I've had these candlesticks forever.  I think they belonged to my grandma.  I used to decorate them with some cheap plastic holly, then just used them plain.  So a few days ago, while looking on the Design Space site under Christmas, I came upon this 3D poinsettia.  So I made 2 of them, used some glaze on everything, and some Stickles on the berries, and adhered them to the candlesticks. They were a little hard to photograph, they are much better in real life.  The glaze helped to make them shiny and give them a little more rigidity. 

Join us this week at BBTB2 to enjoy our creations and link up your card or project using Christmas plants - a holly, tree, greens, etc.  Laurie is our host, and came up with a great theme.  Happy Holidays everyone!


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to decorate these candlesticks. They are so festive and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful Maureen!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm sentimental and love to use items that belonged to family before me, so I love the idea that you are using your Grandma's candlesticks!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete