Monday, July 3, 2017

BBTB2: Cricut Stars and Swirls All Around

It's July!!!   It's nearly halfway through the year and I am yet to cross off more things from my to do list than what I have added.  I have been working on it, in fact got a few things done these past few months.  They include a lot of work on the backyard (it needed it after 4 years of drought), curtains and pillow for the RV, working on a 3000 piece quilt, cleaning my craft room (for the 100th time), a good vegetable garden, a fairy garden for granddaughter and small one for me, and a trip to China.  Still lots more to get done this summer, including the downstairs bathroom vanity, wallpaper, fixtures replacements, more yard work, and a trip to see friends in another state.

I made this metal serving tray for a friend's birthday a few weeks ago.  I got the idea because she actually has a very similar tattoo on her arm of the stars and swirls.  I added the INSPIRE as my touch.  She really liked it.  Her new house has a small patio and she plans on putting it out for display this summer.  It really looks like it could be used for a 4th of July party decoration, just add red cups, and blue napkins!

Our challenge this week at Bitten By the Bug2 is "patriotic" or 'red, white, and blue'.  It was chosen by Emily from Mollie's Motif blog.  Come see the layouts cards, and projects created by the design team - you'll see fireworks for sure!  Happy 4th of July USA!  Link up your patriotic card or project today!

Vinyl - From Expressions Vinyl
Star and Swirl - from internet - free SVG
Red stars - Free Cricut image
INSPIRE - Botanicals cartridge
Tray - purchased a bunch of these last year at Walmart


5 comments:

  1. Great project and I love that you grabbed up a bunch of these great serving trays. What a wonderful gift - and so personalized. Love this, Maureen!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tray that you made! Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does sound like you are getting alot done, Wow! This project is such a beautiful gift for your friend, and so useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you come clean my craft room when you are done with yours??? LOL!!!! I so need to have a clean out but can't get motivated to actually do it because I get distracted and start making stuff. Love the tray-I bet that will be a fabulous display piece for many summers for your friend! Hope you had a great 4th!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete