Monday, November 12, 2018

BBTB2: Cricut and Stampin' Up Birthday Card

This year marks the 8th year I have gone with the same crafty girls to our annual crafting retreat.  This year we are doing a 'card swap' among the 10 of us.  We bring 10 cards, and go home with 10 different cards.  We are going to have a contest to see if we can ID who made what card.  We know 8 of the 10 participants pretty well, and know their styles, so it might or might not be easy.  However, this year, mine is a little different than my usual.  The give-a-way may be that I used Cricut cuts and most of the other girls do not.

Our Bitten by the Bug2 challenge for the next two weeks has a theme of "BIRTHDAY".  My card leans a little bit to the masculine side, but I just gave one of these away (I made 12 of them) to my neighbor who loves wine for her birthday.  I used the Ornamental Iron Cricut cartridge for the 'gate' behind the wine jugs and the free circle for the round cut.  I stamped and embossed the word 'friend'.  I used colored pencils to highlight a bit of the olives and jugs.  Ink all around.

Join our challenge and show us your birthday cards, projects, or layouts.  Have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. I love how you combined stamping with your Cricut cuts. I sometimes forget about using my stamps. This is such a fabulous card in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely image, beautiful background and all the elements come together for a delightful elegance. love it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete