Monday, June 24, 2019

BBTB2: Cricut - Mini Album, Road Tripping

I would like to share this mini album cover with you today as part of my project for Bitten by the Bug2.  This is a mini I created from a 5 day road trip we took last summer on the Highway 395 in California, which is a south to north road along the eastern side of the Sierra Nevadas. , also known as Scenic 395.  The mountains are spectacular, the lifestyle is laid back, and towns are small. We started from northern CA, driving down to Bakersfield and over to 395.  Then up 395 to Mono Lake and over the mountains into Yosemite and then home.  A great trip, new adventures, and not a lot of traffic.

I entered this mini album in the Alameda County Fair, which is a big fair, it runs for 3 weeks, and is going on now.  The category was Mini-Albums.  I won 1st Place, and Best of Show.  I was so elated, and was on Cloud 9 for the rest of the day.  Unfortunately, I did not take photos of the inside of the book, so that will be for another post as the mini will be at the fair through mid-July.

Our Bitten by the Bug2 challenge for the next two weeks is "SUMMER FUN".  Our designers have created some amazing projects and cards.   Enter your card or project (anything goes) HERE:

Cricut Cartridges Used:
Sign:  Los Angeles (pieced apart and added Scenic 395)
Scenic:  Varsity Letter
395: Street Sign
Road Trip: Boys will be Boys - Arrow
June 2018 - Old West
Poppy:  Its a 3D image - #D Floral Home Decor




4 comments:

  1. Your album looks so fun. I really want to reach out and page through it! I am looking forward to you posting page pictures in the future. Congratulations on winning awards at that State Fair. Impressive but I'm sure there wasn't anything to compare to what you made. TFS, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this beautiful album. I can't wait to see more of it. Such a beautiful way to showcase your photos. I have been working on 2 albums. I know how much work goes into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought when I saw this is "I need to see the entire album"! The cover is fantastic! And your road trip sounds wonderful. On another note, I live in Patterson which is not far from you... We'll need to exchange contact information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win! great project! I'd like to see more of it too Maureen! You should add more lovely pics!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete