Monday, January 21, 2019

Quilts: Bonnie Hunter's En Provence is DONE!

This quilt took me two years to make.  It has over 2,000 pieces, I lost count somewhere before I put on the two rows of borders.  It was a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  She  starts with a list of colors an yardage an gives 'clues' every week for several weeks.  Clues are the 'parts' of the quilt, such as making half square triangles in purple and yellow and how many to make.  She teaches tips on cutting and sewing along the way.  Her instructions were easy to follow.  We don't know until the last week how all the pieces are going to finish up in the design.

I started on about week 2 of the mystery, but I couldn't keep up with those fast ladies who got their quilt pieces completed each week.  I actually let mine sit for several months before picking it back up and getting it done.   It went to the quilter in the next town over for longarm quilting.  This finished up in queen size and it is shown on my guest bedroom.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  It's my first really big, intricate quilt.  I will make matching quilt shams as my next project.

Reference:  quiltville.blogspot.com  for the pattern.
Quilting by:  The Mad Quilters, Dublin, CA   http://themadquilters.com/
Material:  Scraps and a few purchases




No comments:

Post a Comment