Monday, January 7, 2019

Quilts: A Christmas Present to Myself

I am sharing another quilt that I finished up right before Christmas.   This quilt was a block of the month that a friend and I started together back in 1999.   Yep - that long ago.  I'm happy to say she is still my friend, but has moved out of state.  The store where the pattern and material was purchased has long closed up, but they do quilt shows and retreats locally.

I hand cut each piece of material using the paper pattern provided.  The pieces were backed with fusible interfacing and ironed together.  I then almost lost a finger sewing a buttonhole stitch around each piece, sometimes going through 6 or more layers of fabric.  The embellishing with buttons and charms was the fun part.  I machine quilted using my own machine as the long arm quilter won't touch it with the embellishments.  I love how it finished up, but hate myself for taking so long to complete it.  I won't be giving this one away, and I'll proudly display it throughout the Christmas season.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations on finishing your beautiful, beautiful quilt! Treasure it forever. I'm almost inspired to dig out a few of my unfinished projects. Almost... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a main maker of Custom Soap Boxes, you can be rest guaranteed realizing that you'll be accepting the most noteworthy nature of Soap Boxes for your items. With full help from our item pros, we ensure that you get the best value the custom planned box you precisely need. Get your Soap Boxes Wholesale Packaging Boxes with Logo that make your item increasingly alluring and classy with our no delivery cost in the US.

    ReplyDelete